GUILD: Fairy Tail
Kind of Magic: Stellar Spirits
Hobby: Reading anf writing books
Seiyuu: Aya Hirano
First Apparition: Chapter 1
Lucy Heartfilia (ルーシイ・ハートフィリア) is the main female character of the series. She is named after The Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". She joins Fairy Tail at the start of the series, having always wanted to be a member. She is always teamed with Natsu when on a job, though the frequent battles they get involved in have left her wishing she could do an easy job by herself. Lucy is one of the saner and more stable members of Fairy Tail, often being the only one to recognize the absurdity of her teammate's actions. She is also very confident in her appearance and sexiness, exuding a certain amount of vanity. Lucy comes from a wealthy family, her father owning a large valley that serves as his estate's garden. Because she is estranged with her father, she left him and his fortune after the death of her mother so that she could follow her own path. She is voiced by Aya Hirano.
Lucy practices Celestial Spirit magic, a skill that allows her to summon spirits from another world using Gatekeys. Before she is allowed to use the key she must sign a contract with the spirit to decide upon when she is allowed to summon them. There are two types of keys: silver, which are common and of a large variety, and gold, twelve extremely rare keys that open the "Twelve Gates of the Zodiac." Her Celestial Spirits have varying levels of power, with different ones suited for different tasks. For example, Aquarius can control water, while Taurus has enormous strength. She can summon multiple spirits (an uncommon ability) at once for short periods of time, but tires out easily when doing so. Lucy's main weakness is she cannot perform magic without her keys; although recent chapters shows Loke is able to be appear with or without being called out. Along with her keys, she also carries a whip, which she is proficient with.
- Aquarius: Aquarius, or "The Water-Bearer," is a long-haired mermaid with three piercings on each side of her tail. She is selfish, has a boyfriend, and dislikes Lucy, often attacking both Lucy and Lucy's enemies. She uses her jar to launch huge water waves.
- Taurus: Taurus, or "The Bull," is a minotaur with a white and black splotched coat and a nose ring. He wears a speedo, gloves, bandages wrapped around his forearms, knee-high boots, a collar, and a strap around his chest to hold his weapon: a giant, two bladed axe. He is a pervert and constantly compliments Lucy's breasts.
- Cancer: Cancer, or "The Crab," is as a slick hair stylist with sunglasses, wielding pairs of scissors and crab-claw shaped hair. He has six large crab-legs that come out of his back. When he is first summoned, Happy believes that Cancer would end all of his sentences with kani (crab), but in reality, Cancer ends all of his sentences with ebi (shrimp).
- Virgo: Virgo, or "The Virgin," is a maid with shackles and chains around her wrists. Her ability is to tunnel underground. She takes on the female appearance depending on the master's preference. She was originally contracted by Duke of Evaroo and was a giant, overweight maid. When ownership of her key switched to Lucy, her appearance changed into a slim, beautiful maid. She refers to Lucy as "Princess".
- Sagittarius : Sagittarius, or "The Centaur," is a man wearing a horse costume, with human hands coming from inside the hooves which allows him to hold his bow. Lucy obtained the Sagittarius Gold Key after successfully ridding the curse plaguing Garuna Island.
- Leo: Loki or "The Lion" is Lucy's latest spirit who Lucy discovered was in fact Loki, a fellow member of Fairy Tail. Loke was banished from the Spirit World for inadvertently causing the death of his last master, but when Lucy confronted the Spirit King and after an impassioned defense, Loki was allowed to return to the Spirit World and Lucy gained his key, with Loke promising to be her 'strength'. Oddly enough, Loke is the only one of the Zodiac that doesn't have animal characteristics anymore. In the past, he had hair resembling a short lion's mane with spikes similar to feline ears.
- Crux: Appears as a large stone-made cross with arms, legs and face. He also has cross-shaped nose and moustache. He specialize is searching for information on different spirit and their masters. He is described as "The Southern Cross "
- Horologium : Horologium, or "The Clock," is a large grandfather clock with arms, legs, and a face (on the clockface). There is a large enough area within it for Lucy to hide, which she usually abuses and uses as shelter or as a mode of transportation. Once inside, Horologium speaks for her, ending every sentences with "...she said".
- Lyra: Lyra, or "The Lyre," first appears in chapter 28 and she wears a bonnet, a dress, and has wings on her back. She sings about emotions and often likes to take requests. She appears to be knowledgeable about magic spells as she tells the group about the moon's magic, moon drip, and how it can overcome any magic spell.
- Nicola the Canis Minor : "Nicola," renamed Plue by Lucy, is apparently the same Plue from the manga-ka's previous work . He doesn't have any special ability, aside from magic cancellation, and serves more as a pet for Lucy. Natsu apparently has the ability to understand him.
Informations source: Wikipedia